This vegan lunch is simply delicious. I enjoy it warm, straight out of the oven, or even cold. If you’re not vegan, you’ll still enjoy this taco with some cheese or bacon thrown in. This recipe makes enough for about 2-4 servings.
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Baby spinach
- 1-2 avocados
- Balsamic vinegar dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel butternut squash with a peeler. Then dice into 1 inch chunks, discarding the pulp and seeds. (If anyone has good uses for these, please let me know.)
- Place squash, salt, cinnamon, pepper and coconut oil into a large shallow roasting pan and mix evenly.
- Bake for about an hour. Keep an eye on your pan. Different ovens, sizes of chunks and type of pan can really vary the cooking time. Remove from oven to cool once the squash has started to brown.
- Put a flour or corn tortilla on a naked flame to warm in. I like to use tongs to move it around so it toasts evenly. It should take less than a minute to toast.
- Place roasted squash, spinach and avocado in tortilla and drizzle with balsamic dressing.