This is a current favorite breakfast or evening treat for me. I enjoy them without adding butter or syrup, as they’re sweet and moist as is….but you go ahead and eat them your way! These pancakes are free from flour, gluten, and milk products. They’re full of anti-oxidants, potassium, fiber and protein. They do however contain egg. If I concoct a vegan version, I’ll post it. I promise.
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1/2 cup of oat bran
- 1/3 cup of hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tspn organic raw honey
- 1 tspn coconut oil (can use other oil if allergic to coconut oil)
- Mash banana with a fork
- Combine it with the egg, hemp hearts, oat bran and honey
- Add raisins
- Heat coconut oil in skillet on medium
- Pour batter on skillet in small patties. This mix makes 3-4 small rounds. (Don’t make them too big, as they will fall apart when you try to flip them.)
- Cook until brown. Flip once.
- Serve hot.